Re: [HACKERS] show precise repos version for dev builds?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] show precise repos version for dev builds?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Robert,

> Mmph.  I understand the desire to identify the exact commit used for a
> build somehow, but something whose output depends on whether or not I
> left a branch lying around locally doesn't seem that great.

Indeed, the branch/tag search might have a little strange behavior.

Probably you would be more happy with just the commit (--always) & knowing
that it was changed (--dirty).
 sh> git describe --always --dirty b81eba6
 sh> vi README # edit
 sh> git describe --always --dirty b81eba6-dirty

--
Fabien.