Re: [BUGS] Problem in using pgbench's --connect(-C) and --rate=rate(-Rrate) options together.

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [BUGS] Problem in using pgbench's --connect(-C) and --rate=rate(-Rrate) options together.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>> It operates normally when only the -C option or only the -R option is
>> specified.
>>
>> In the PostgreSQL document, It is not described that "these two options can
>> not be specified at the same time ". Is this a problem of pgbench?
>
> Yes, indeed there is. Thanks for the report. Option -C is seldom used and
> tested.

The problem is already fixed in head. Looking at git log, it was unclear
to guess which change fixed that... After another reading, I got it in
one, it has been fixed by Heikki restructuring patch
12788ae49e1933f463bc59a6efe46c4a01701b76 which has no vocation to be
backpatched to prior versions...

The bug is that prior to --rate doCustom was always disconnect/reconnect
without exiting, but with rate it returns if it has to wait. However
threadRun test whether there is a connection before recalling doCustom, so
it was never called.

This is exactly the kind of unmanageable state combination that
refactoring has cleaned up.

Attached a small patch which fixes the issue, I think, in 9.6.
Fixing it raised another issue wrt to some stats under -C, that I fixed as
well.

--
Fabien.