Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Packages: Again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We have a schemas instead - the PostgreSQL schema is close to Oracle
> packages.

Yes, a schema is a kind of a "namespace"-level package. Pg also has
extensions, which is a group things put together, which may also
contribute to packaging.

> What we cannot to substitute are package variables, now - see my proposal
> for session variables.

I would like also to point out here that Pg has dynamic text session
variables with a horrible syntax, aka user-defined GUCs. They can be the
basis for more useful variables if extended with privacy/some access
control, typing, better syntax, possibly some kind of persistent
declarations, and so on.

> [...]

Good luck with your migration...

--