Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Pavel,

> In my proposal was support for transaction scope - ON COMMIT RESET clause
> should be ok

Could you update the wiki, both the proposal and the use-case
implementation, to reflect this point?

Moreover, is there any actual use-case for non-transactional secure
half-persistent session variables? AFAICS the "secure" part implies both
permissions and transactional for the presented security-related use case.
If there is no use case for these combined features, then ISTM that you
should update to proposal so that the variables are always transactional,
which is both simpler, more consistent, and I think more acceptable.

Also, you used a TEMPORARY session variable in one implementation, but
this is not described in the proposal, I think it is worth mentioning it
there as well.

--
Fabien.