Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: session server side variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> For security the variable should be persistent.

Why should they? If it is a session variable, being created when needed or
used with the right type could be enough?

> If you would to do statical analyse (what you usually would), then variable
> should be persistent.

I do not understand what static analysis you would need/want to do on
session variables.

> Currently the big issue of plpgsql_check is work with temporary tables.

Do you mean that temporary table are too slow/costly?

> Local objects or dynamic sql is stop for static check.

Hmm. If something is dynamic, it is not static, but I do not understand
your point.

--
Fabien.