Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: PSQL commands: \quit_if, \quit_unless
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But if it does make sense to share, then that's another reason for not
> designing something ad-hoc for psql: integrating it later will be more
> work in total.

Yes, but not much: evaluating "[!] :var" special syntax would be dropped,
but I do not think that it is the main issue with these features.

I understand that your conclusion is to require psql expressions +
conditions as one (large) patch.

Given my personnal experience with the patch process, my conclusion is
that I will very probably not do it. Just adding logical expressions to
pgbench, a minor feature for a minor client, has already been spread over
3 CF, and this is a part of what is required for the condition &
expression in psql.

Hopefully someone else will do it, and I'll do some reviewing then.

--
Fabien.