Re: pgbench more operators & functions

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench more operators & functions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pgbench more operators & functions  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I've got no objection to a more-nearly-TPC-B script as an option.

Good, because adding a "per-spec" tpc-b as an additional builtin option is
one of my intentions, once pgbench is capable of it.

> But why do you feel the need to pull the default script out into
> a separate file?  Seems to me that just adds maintenance complexity,
> and the need for pgbench to have a notion of a library directory,
> for little gain.

I tend to agree on this point. Now it could be possible to make pgbench
look for "builtin" scripts in a predefined location so that they are found
easilly, but I'm not sure there would be a significant added value wrt the
current status.

--
Fabien.