Re: pgsql: pgbench: Allow changing weights for scripts

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgsql: pgbench: Allow changing weights for scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> pgbench.c:2765: warning: 'ps.stats.lag.sum2' is used uninitialized in this function

Sorry for the noise.

Strangely, I did not get that warning with gcc 4.8.4.

ISTM that in stack variables are initialized to zero automatically, so
although it is not explicitely initialized, it is not uninitialized...

Moreover, these values are not actually "used" in the function, they are
just returned, and are to be initialized explicitely later on.

So gcc is wrong, but that does not mean that it should not be fixed.

Alvaro has just done that, which is overall a code improvement, so it is
for the better, and it shows that a wrong warning can lead to actual
benefits:-)

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: pgbench: Allow changing weights for scripts
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: pgbench: Allow changing weights for scripts