Re: extend pgbench expressions with functions

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: extend pgbench expressions with functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Robert,

> You know, you make comments like this pretty much every time anybody
> suggests that you should change anything in any patch you write.

Well, not everytime...

I'm tired of doing and undoing things: I do a limited A because I'm
cautious not to spend too much time that would go down the drain. Then I'm
told "do A+B" to show that A is worthwhile. Then I'm told "you should not
have done B with A, but submit A for the infrastructure and then B for the
additional features", which was precisely my initial intent...

So this is really the going forward and backwards because of the process
that makes me write these remarks.

> [...] I don't like it when people call my ideas dumb.

Your idea is not dumb, I'm sorry if I have implied that, and I apologise.
I like a clean history as much as everyone else.

Having to unmix features and documentations is still "dumb work", even if
the purpose is not dumb, I stand by this word for this part.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: extend pgbench expressions with functions
Сообщение: Re: extend pgbench expressions with functions