Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Also, maybe per-command detailed stats should use the same common struct
> to hold data as all other stats. I did not change it because it is
> maintained in a different part of the code.

I played just once with the --report-latencies option and was astonished
that meta commands showed negative latencies...

This v5 also fixes this bug (on meta commands there is a goto loop in
doCustom, but as now was not reset the stmt_begin ended up being after
now, hence accumulating increasing negative times) and in passing uses the
same stats structure as the rest, which result in removing some more code.
The "report-latencies" option is made to imply per script stats, which
simplifies the final output code, and if you want per-command per-script
stats, probably providing the per-script stats, i.e. the sum of the
commands, make sense.

--
Fabien.