Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench stats per script & other stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If so, I would vote for:
>   -f script1.bench:3 -f script2.bench:1
> over:
>   -f script1.bench -w 3 -f script2.bench -w 1

Ok, I'll take that into consideration. Any other opinion out there? The
current v3 version is:
  -w 3 -f script1.bench -w 1 -f script2.bench

With provision to generate errors if a -w is set but not used,
in two case.
 - in the middle ... -w 4 <no script option...> -w 1 ... - in the end ... -w 1 <no script option...>

I can provide -f x:weight easilly, but this mean that there will be no way
to associate weight for internal scripts. Not orthogonal, not very
elegant, but no big deal.

> Oh, you misunderstand.  "script1" and "script2" are meant to be
> user-supplied names which then get reported in things like response time
> output.  They're labels.

Ok, that is much better. This means that labels should not choose names
which may interact with other commands, so maybe a list would have been
nice as well. Anyway, I do not think it is the way to go just for this
feature.

--
Fabien.