Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: pgbench - allow backslash-continuations in custom scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> (although actually, why wouldn't we want to just implement variable
> substitution exactly like it is in psql?

Pgbench variable substitution is performed when the script is run, not
while the file is being processed for being split, which is when a lexer
would be used. The situation is not the same with psql. The most it could
do would be to keep track of what substitution are done in queries.

> So this is looking *eminently* doable.

Possibly.  How much more effort would be involved compared to the quick
patch I did, I wonder:-)

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?
Сообщение: Re: WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?