Re: PATCH: pgbench allow '=' in \set

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: PATCH: pgbench allow '=' in \set
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Tom,

> I've got doubts about this too: it introduces fundamental inconsistency
> in pgbench itself, which may come back to bite us later.  Who's to say
> that '=' will never be a meaningful operator in pgbench expressions?

Hmmm... it would not be an issue as long as '=' is not a unary operator?
If you add "expr '=' expr" in the syntax, there should be no conflict with
the result target "'=' expr" anyway?

I've just tried that and there is no issue raised by bison.

So ISTM that it should not bite later on that ground.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: PATCH: pgbench allow '=' in \set
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: pgbench allow '=' in \set