Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: add modulo (%) operator to pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Robert,

> I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Probably. I tend to try the minimum effort first.

> I implemented this today in about three hours.  The patch is attached.

Great!

Your patch is 544 lines, my size evaluation was quite good:-)

Note that I probably spent 10 minutes on the 10 lines patch, but I
probably spent hours writing mails about it.

> It needs more testing, documentation, and possibly some makefile
> adjustments, but it seems to basically work.

I'll try to do that, but not in the short term.

Note that the modulo is not the one I need, but probably I can make do
with an abs() function and/or a conditional.

--
Fabien.