Re: Add some regression tests for SEQUENCE

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Add some regression tests for SEQUENCE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Robins,

> Thanks Fabien. This was a wrong attachment to the email.

This patch works for me (applied, tested).

However, some remarks:

seq4: should it check something? How do you know that OWNED BY did
anything?

regress_role_seq2: shoult check that the sequence owner is the table
owner?

seq12/seq14: is it twice the same tests??

seq13/seq15: idem??

I still do not know what "asdf" means... it is about the qwerty keyboard?
What about something explicit, like regress_seq_undefined?

seq22: remove the "syntax error" check at the end, pg people do not want
syntax error checks.

Also, here is a proposal for testing that CACHE is working:
  -- check CACHE operation by resetting the sequence cache size  CREATE SEQUENCE seq31 CACHE 10;  -- 1 to 10 are
preallocated SELECT NEXTVAL('seq31');  -- reset cache, 2..10 are lost, should start again from 11  ALTER SEQUENCE seq31
CACHE1;  SELECT NEXTVAL('seq31');  DROP SEQUENCE seq31;

--
Fabien.