Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER)

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Generally, I think that the tests which return a syntax error are of
> limited value and should probably be dropped.

I think that it is not that simple: it is a good value to check that the
syntax error message conveys a useful information for the user, and that
changes to the parser rules do not alter good quality error messages.

Moreover, the cost of such tests in time must be quite minimal.

--
Fabien.