Re: Pg default's verbosity?

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Pg default's verbosity?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There might be something to the idea of demoting a few of the things
> we've traditionally had as NOTICEs, though.  IME, the following two
> messages account for a huge percentage of the chatter:
>
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "foo_a_seq" for
> serial column "foo.a"
> NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
> "foo_pkey" for table "foo"

You can also add:

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / UNIQUE will create implicit index "foo_name_key"
for table "foo"

I agree that these amount for most of the noise.

As create table does create other objects, I could understand that someone
wants to hear about that. Maybe move them as "info" ? Otherwise, changing
the default message level seems reasonable to me. What we really case when
activated.

--
Fabien.