Re: B-Heaps

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: B-Heaps
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Eliot Gable wrote:
> Just curious if this would apply to PostgreSQL:
> http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1814327

Absolutely, and I said in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2010-03/msg00272.php
but applied to the Postgres B-tree indexes instead of heaps. It's a pretty
obvious performance improvement really - the principle is that when you do
have to fetch a page from a slower medium, you may as well make it count
for a lot.

Lots of research has already been done on this - the paper linked above is
rather behind the times.

However, AFAIK, Postgres has not implemented this in any of its indexing
systems.

Matthew

--
 An ant doesn't have a lot of processing power available to it. I'm not trying
 to be speciesist - I wouldn't want to detract you from such a wonderful