Re: merge join killing performance

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: merge join killing performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 19 May 2010, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> It's apparently estimating (wrongly) that the merge join won't have to
>> scan very much of "files" before it can stop because it finds an eid
>> value larger than any eid in the other table.  So the issue here is an
>> inexact stats value for the max eid.

I wandered if it could be something like that, but I rejected that idea,
as it obviously wasn't the real world case, and statistics should at least
get that right, if they are up to date.

> I changed stats target to 1000 for that field and still get the bad plan.

What do the stats say the max values are?

Matthew

--
 Nog:     Look! They've made me into an ensign!
 O'Brien: I didn't know things were going so badly.

Сообщение: Re: merge join killing performance
Сообщение: Re: merge join killing performance