Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: a heavy duty operation on an "unused" table kills my server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Craig James wrote:
>> That's the perception I get. CFQ is the default scheduler, but in most
>> systems I have seen, it performs worse than the other three schedulers, all
>> of which seem to have identical performance. I would avoid anticipatory on
>> a RAID array though.
>
> I thought the best strategy for a good RAID controller was NOOP.

Agreed. That's what we use here. My observation is though that noop is
identical in performance to anticipatory and deadline. Theoretically, it
should be faster.

Matthew

--
"Take care that thou useth the proper method when thou taketh the measure of
 high-voltage circuits so that thou doth not incinerate both thee and the