Re: Weird index or sort behaviour

От: Matthew Wakeling
Тема: Re: Weird index or sort behaviour
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Weird index or sort behaviour  (Matthew Wakeling, )
 Re: Weird index or sort behaviour  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Weird index or sort behaviour  (Matthew Wakeling, )
   Re: Weird index or sort behaviour  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: Weird index or sort behaviour  (Tom Lane, )
     Re: Weird index or sort behaviour  (Greg Stark, )

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
> Matthew Wakeling <> writes:
>> [ discussion about applying materialize to a mergejoin's inner indexscan ]
>
> I have finally gotten round to doing something about this, and applied
> the attached patch to CVS HEAD.  Could you test it on your problem case
> to see what happens?  If it's not convenient to load your data into
> 8.5devel, I believe the patch would work all right in 8.4.x.  (A quick
> check shows that it applies except for one deletion hunk that has a
> conflict due to a comment change; you could easily do that deletion
> manually.)

Um, cool. I'm going to have to look back at the archives to even work out
what query I was complaining about though. May take a little while to
test, but I'll get back to you. Thanks,

Matthew

--
 The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
 and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location...and i'm not