Re: Really dumb planner decision

От: Matthew Wakeling
Тема: Re: Really dumb planner decision
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Really dumb planner decision  (Matthew Wakeling, )
 Re: Really dumb planner decision  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
  Re: Really dumb planner decision  (Matthew Wakeling, )
   Re: Really dumb planner decision  (Robert Haas, )
    Re: Really dumb planner decision  (Matthew Wakeling, )
     Re: Really dumb planner decision  (Merlin Moncure, )
      Re: Really dumb planner decision  (Tom Lane, )
       Re: Really dumb planner decision  ("Kevin Grittner", )

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Robert Haas wrote:
> I hasten to point out that I only suggested raising them to the moon
> as a DEBUGGING strategy, not a production configuration.

The problem is that we have created a view that by itself a very
time-consuming query to answer, relying on it being incorporated into a
query that will constrain it and cause it to be evaluated a lot quicker.
This kind of scenario kind of guarantees a bad plan as soon as the number
of tables reaches from_collapse_limit.

Matthew

                                                 -- Ferenc Mantfeld