Re: Really dumb planner decision

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Really dumb planner decision
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Robert Haas wrote:
> I hasten to point out that I only suggested raising them to the moon
> as a DEBUGGING strategy, not a production configuration.

The problem is that we have created a view that by itself a very
time-consuming query to answer, relying on it being incorporated into a
query that will constrain it and cause it to be evaluated a lot quicker.
This kind of scenario kind of guarantees a bad plan as soon as the number
of tables reaches from_collapse_limit.

Matthew

                                                 -- Ferenc Mantfeld

Сообщение: Re: Shouldn't the planner have a higher cost for reverse index scans?
Сообщение: Re: Shouldn't the planner have a higher cost for reverse index scans?