Re: plpgsql arrays

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: plpgsql arrays
Дата
Re: plpgsql arrays
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... alternatively is there a way to read two results streams
>> simultaneously?
>
> Use two cursors and FETCH from each as needed?  In recent releases you
> can even scroll backwards, which you're going to need to do to make
> a merge join work.

What would be the syntax for putting a single row from a cursor into a
variable? I have tried:

FETCH INTO left left_cursor;

which says syntax error, and

left = FETCH left_cursor;

which gives the error 'ERROR:  missing datatype declaration at or near "="'

Matthew

--
 I've run DOOM more in the last few days than I have the last few
 months.  I just love debugging ;-)  -- Linus Torvalds