Re: Multi calendar system for pgsql

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: Multi calendar system for pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I want to try to add a multi calendar system for pgsql. I want to know if it will be accepted as a patch to pgsql?
>
> More details:
> Multi calendar systems are useful for several languages and countries using different calendar: Hijri, Persian,
Hebrew,
> etc.
> For implementation I think it is better to add this support in date fields like this:
> create table tb (dt date calendar persian);
> if no calendar is defined, it will be Gregorian so no problem is made for old sql commands.

I don't think that new keywords should be added for that if it does not
belong to the SQL standard, especially with something as open ended and
sensitive as a cultural related keyword: there are dozens calendars listed
on wikipedia...

ISTM that this is either a localization problem, possibly fully
independent from pg, or a conversion issue with a simple function which
may be develop as an extension outside pg, say:
    SELECT PersianDate('2008-02-18'::DATE);

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?
Сообщение: Re: The science of optimization in practical terms?