Re: Performance and IN clauses

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: Performance and IN clauses
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Kynn Jones wrote:
> Also, assuming that the optimal way to write the query depends on the length of $node_list, how can I estimate the
> "critical length" at which I should switch from one form of the query to the other?

In the past, I have found the fastest way to do this was to operate on
groups of a bit less than a thousand values, and issue one query per
group. Of course, Postgres may have improved since then, so I'll let more
knowledgable people cover that for me.

Matthew

--
 Heat is work, and work's a curse. All the heat in the universe, it's
 going to cool down, because it can't increase, then there'll be no