Re: CREATE DATABASE vs delayed table unlink

От Matthew Wakeling
Тема Re: CREATE DATABASE vs delayed table unlink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, I thought about that too, but it seems extremely dangerous ...

I agree. If a file randomly goes missing, that's not an error to ignore,
even if you think the only way that could happen is safe.

I could be wrong - but couldn't other bad things happen too? If you're
copying the files before the checkpoint has completed, couldn't the new
database end up with some of the recent changes going missing? Or is that
prevented by FlushDatabaseBuffers?

Matthew

--
Isn't "Microsoft Works" something of a contradiction?