Re: Using statement parameters with Copy API?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Using statement parameters with Copy API?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Jim Garrison wrote:

> I want to use the copy API to execute a parameterized query, as in
>
> COPY (SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE KEY=?) TO STDOUT FORMAT BINARY
>
> As far as I can tell it is not currently possible to prepare this statement
> and pass it to the copy API.

This is a limitation of the server.  It doesn't accept parameterized COPY
statements so the JDBC driver doesn't have a way to pass such a statement.
Perhaps the driver could perform the text interpolation itself as it does
in the V2 protocol, but that would also complicate the API if you wanted
to have something similar to PreparedStatement.

Kris Jurka