Re: JDBC Driver can't read UUID from database

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JDBC Driver can't read UUID from database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 5 Jun 2012, Dean Schulze wrote:

>=20
> I'm using Hibernate (3.6 and 4.0) with Postgresql 9.1. =A0Our tables have
> UUIDs in them and your driver is trying to convert UUIDs to longs:
>=20

This is a hibernate mapping problem, not a JDBC Driver problem.  If you=20
have a plain ResultSet and call getString() on a UUID field, it will=20
certainly work.  Mapping the UUID to BLOB or CLOB is incorrect.  I'm not=20
sure why your attempt to map it to a String didn't work, but you are=20
not convincing Hibernate to use a plain getString call.

Kris Jurka