Re: [BUGS] BUG #6292: java.sql.PreparedStatement.setNull() throws PSQLException

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #6292: java.sql.PreparedStatement.setNull() throws PSQLException
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011, David Pinheiro wrote:

> Bug reference:      6292
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
> PSQLException
> Details:
>
> I'm trying to make:
> java.sql.PreparedStatement.setNull(1,java.sql.Types.NULL);
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "number_column" is of type
> integer but expression is of type character varying
> Hint: You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.
>

> My code is something like:
> if (String.valueOf(input_field) == "null"){
>      statement.setNull(1, java.sql.Types.NULL);
> } else {
>      statement.setObject(1, valor);
> }
> statement.executeUpdate();

I don't think your problem is with setNull, I think your problem is
actually with the setObject branch of your if statement.  If the
valor variable is a String, the JDBC driver is assigning it a string
type.  You may want to do setObject(1, valor, Types.INTEGER) or
convert it prior to doing the setObject call to an appropriate
numeric type.

Kris Jurka