Re: Moving to git

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Moving to git
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 4 Oct 2011, Kjetil Nyg?rd wrote:

> 1. cvsimport keeps the history. It will not be lost.

My experience is that git-cvsimport does not work correctly.  Or at least
it didn't without a patched version of cvsps.  Perhaps that's all been
fixed up, but that's why it's important to do a verification that history
has been accurately preserved rather than just publishing whatever results
come out.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2008-12/msg00124.php

If anyone would like to work on the cvs to git conversion what I would
like to see is a script/configuration file to invoke the conversion
utility and then a script to do a comparison between any tag in cvs and
the corresponding tag in the new git repository.

Kris Jurka