Re: Is it possible to get the Payload from a NOTIFY via the JDBC Driver?

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Is it possible to get the Payload from a NOTIFY via the JDBC Driver?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011, Edvin Syse wrote:

> According to the JavaDoc, the PGNotification#getParameter() is currently
> a NOOP. I was wondering if there are any plans to implement it, or if it
> would be possible to get this information some other way?

This works with 9.0 and newer server versions.  The JDBC driver didn't
need any changes to make that happen, so the comment never got updated.

> I'm also curious to know if there are any plans to implement async
> support for notifications.

Meaning a callback mechanism or just not needing to issue queries to the
server?  Currently the JDBC driver supports an intermediate method
depending on your connection type.  You only need to poll
PGConnection.getNotifications, not issue server queries as long as you
aren't connected via SSL.  The driver uses InputStream.available to
determine when a notification is pending which isn't supported on all
InputStreams.

Kris Jurka