Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: /home/peter/commit-msg

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: /home/peter/commit-msg
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> I've cleaned up the git repo, and re-enabled the mirror script. From
> what I can tell it works fine. In theory you will need to use force
> mode if you pulled the broken commit that was removed (the one with
> the wrong message), but it seems this is not necessarily required.

Just to clarify here, what was the point of stopping the sync script?
Unless the sync was stopped prior to the modified commit there's no
difference for an end user here.  If they pulled the modified commit
they've got a semi-broken repo.  All that's happened is that they weren't
able to pull newer updates as well which seems like a net loss.

Kris Jurka