Re: commit and rollback don't throw exceptions when they should

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: commit and rollback don't throw exceptions when they should
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> That all makes sense.  I think you have a copy/paste error in the
> exception message, though: "This statement has been closed."  It is
> the connection which has been closed here.

Doh! Fixed.

> Also, for software which tries to make sense of the SQLSTATE for
> automated handling, I'm inclined to think that something in Class Code
> '08' (Connection Exception) would be more useful than the Class Code
> '55' (Object Not in Prerequisite State) value.  Granted, it's a gray
> area, since the problem with the connection is that it's not in an
> open state....

I've changed it to 08003 CONNECTION_DOES_NOT_EXIST.  We're already using
it for this purpose (already closed) in the connection pooling code.

Thanks for following up on this.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: commit and rollback don't throw exceptions when they should
Сообщение: Re: commit and rollback don't throw exceptions when they should