Re: SHOW TABLES

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Simon Riggs wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 13:44 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> That seems rather wretched for machine-parsability, which I think is
>> an important property for anything we do in this area.
>
> I completely disagree. This is for humans only, and mostly newbies only.
>
> Anybody that wants structured output can type the SQL and get as much
> structure as they want. I'm not reinventing the whole wheel.

'k, but now we are back to why can't this just be an extension of psql vs
in the backend?  If someone writing an interface should be typing the SQL
to get the information, then 'SHOW TABLES' doesn't really provide them
anything, does it?

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org