Re: List traffic

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Re: List traffic  (Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 15 May 2010, Jaime Casanova wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>>
>> And IMHO, that is as much a fault of the 'old timers' on the lists as the
>> newbies ... if nobody redirects / loosely enforces the mandates of the
>> various lists, newbies aren't going to learn to post to more appropriate
>> ones ...
>>

> oh! yeah! that's easy... you say: hey maybe that list is better for
> your question... and suddenly you're a piece of crap that should never
> answer a mail
>
> most people are not prepared to understand the concept of more than
> one list for project...

Apparently you don't use very many large projects ... FreeBSD has 20+
lists, dedicated to various aspects of both end user and developer ... I
imagine Linux has *as many if not more* ... MySQL, if memory servers, has
a half dozen or more ... etc ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org