Re: List traffic

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 May 2010, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> If most of the questions are badly categorized or cross posted to more
> than one list, how useful a label is the X-Mailing-List header?  How
> useful is to filter on the "pgsql-general" label?

That is a point, but, IMHO, that is one of our key issues ... we *allow*
that sort of cross-posting in the first place ... FreeBSD lists allow
cross-posting to no more then 2 mailing lists, I believe, but there is
definitely a limit ...

... is there a reason why, other the fact that we don't do now, that we
can't just put in a restriction against cross posting altogether?

... and, for those that have been here awhile, who "should know better",
why isn't there any self-management of this sort of stuff in the first
place?

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org