Re: List traffic

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: List traffic
Дата
Re: List traffic  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 May 2010, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>> On Thu, 13 May 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> We tried that with pgsql-hackers-win32 and iirc also
>>> pgsql-hackers-pitr, and it was a big failure...
>
>> But, we are doing that now with pgsql-cluster-hackers and it looks to be
>> working quite well from what I can see ...
>
> Is it?  If they want someplace where the majority of hackers won't see
> the discussion, maybe, but I am not sure that's not counterproductive.
> Ideas developed by a small group may or may not survive exposure when
> they reach this list.

But that, IMHO, is the point of the smaller list ... it allows the group
on that list to hash out their ideas, and, hopefully, deal with both
arguments and counter arguments so that when presented to the larger
group, they would then have a more cohesive arg for their ideas ...

Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org