Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

От Marshall Spight
Тема Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Curt Sampson" <cjs@cynic.net> wrote in message news:Pine.NEB.4.44.0207131908540.454-100000@angelic.cynic.net...

> Well, yeah, but it's really time to kill, properly, this idea that
> postgres is always slower than mysql. I'm reasonably convinced that
> under fairly heavy OLTP loads with some large queries going, MySQL would
> grind to a halt at loads much less than postgres can handle.

We did a bunch of benchmarking at work, using real datasets from
our application, as well as synthetic benchmarks. A very wide
variety of db operations were measured, using postgres, and mysql
with innodb and myisam tables.

Although I am a huge postgres fan, and will not be switching myself,
I have to admit that as far as a race goes, mysql is the clear winner.
In our tests, it was drastically faster than postgres. It really bummed
me out.

Marshall