Re: psql ... does not like my user ... help please ;-)

От Lee Harr
Тема Re: psql ... does not like my user ... help please ;-)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello I am playing with a fresh install of mandrake 8.2 and have decided
> to use the postgresql db as my database for a simple phonebook application.
>
> I am following the steps from a tutorial but can't seem to be able to
> access my data base as the user i created ... I keep getting the msg:
>
> psql: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "jim"

Take a look at your pg_hba.conf file

on my system it is in:
/usr/local/pgsql/data/

The file is quite well documented, but I think what you are going
to want to do is look down near the end for a line that starts
with the word local and ends with the word ident.

Change the ident to trust and you should be able to get in.
(You might prefer to change it to password, as that would be
more secure, but trust should definitely get you started)