Re: [HACKERS] Dumping database creation options and ACLs

От Rafael Martinez
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Dumping database creation options and ACLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 06/29/2017 06:30 PM, Adrien Nayrat wrote:

> As reported by Ronan there's no other option than using pg_dumpall to restore
> database options and ACLs.
>
> So, we use this trick to stop pg_dumpall before \connect and then use pg_restore:
>
> pg_dumpall -s | sed -rn '/^\\connect/{q}; p' > database+grants.sql
>

> Of course, it is not graceful as we just need results of pg_dumpall -g and what
> the dumpCreateDB() function outputs.
>
> What do you think about adding an option like --createdb-only (as suggested by
> Ronan) for this?  I'm not fully satisfied with this name though, I'll be happy
> if you have a better suggestion.

Hello

We have a discussion about this some time ago and we created a wiki page
where we tried to write down some ideas/proposals and links to threads
discussing the subject:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Pg_dump_improvements

regards,
-- Rafael Martinez GuerreroCenter for Information TechnologyUniversity of Oslo, Norway
PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Request more documentation for incompatibility ofparallelism and plpgsql exec_run_select
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Request more documentation for incompatibility ofparallelism and plpgsql exec_run_select