Re: TRUNCATE memory leak with temporary tables?

От Ravi Krishna
Тема Re: TRUNCATE memory leak with temporary tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am not sure about that
"It creates a new empty table , followed by rename of the existing table to the new empty table and finally dropping of the old table."

You mean table is re-created with new oid?

I don't think oid changes, but the file relnode on the disk changes. So let me rephrase it

truncate does the following:

1 - create a new empty file on the disk.
2 - at commit time, map the table oid to the new empty file.
3 - drop the old file.