[OT] subscribtion with no-mail option?

От Michelle Konzack
Тема [OT] subscribtion with no-mail option?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello anyone,

is there an option for the pgsql lists to subscribe only for posting
and not receiving messages?  I can read them in the archives, but the
<pgsql-general> is one of the most active lists I am subscribed to.

Not even <debian-...@lists.debian.org> can beat that.
(there I can whitelist me, without receiving messages)

Oh, I should say, that I live in Estonia far away from any lelephone
land lines, hence no DSL availlable and I am on GSM/4G/LTE and if I
would not have the NO-MAIL option, I would need to download more the
3000 messages a day where I am only interested in less the 5%.

Note:  I am currently programming a new PHP-Webinterface for my mail
       server which let me better choose, what I want to se and what
       not, hence deleting anything which is not relevant to me and
       has not some keywords in it.

It is just worse, that I have to be subscribed to more then 80 mailing
lists only to be able to post 200-300 messages per month and get maybe
2000 messages back, but have to download more then 100.000 messages a
month with more then 1000 MByte.  THis is just waste of resources and
is very costly over the time.

There is no benefit for the mailinglste except for my ISP and Telecom
provider which bill me nicely... more then 100€ per month!

Thanks in avance
Michelle

--
Michelle Konzack