Re: BUG #3826: Very Slow Execution of examplequery (wrong plan?)

От Alexander Steffens
Тема Re: BUG #3826: Very Slow Execution of examplequery (wrong plan?)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Congratulations PostgreSQL-Team for your work!

with the current 8.4 B1 Version of PostgreSQL the bad execution time
of my example-Query containing a NOT EXISTS
changed from "aborted after hours" to just 5 seconds - double as quick
as my result with MS-SQL.

That's wonderful!

> insert into t1
> select distinct (t1.a + t2.a)*2
> from t1,t2
> where not exists (
>  select * from t1  tt where tt.a =3D (t1.a + t2.a)*2
> )

I assume there is now a hashed ANTI-SEMI-JOIN operator implemented?

Thanks

Alexander
--=20
Dipl.-Math. Alexander Steffens