Re: corruption of WAL page header is never reported

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: corruption of WAL page header is never reported
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/09/13 11:00, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> The point here is "retry this page, not this record", so "we don't need
> to retry immediately" looks a bit ambiguous. So how about something
> like this?
>
> Note that we don't do this while not in standby mode because we don't
> need to avoid retrying this entire record even if the page header is
> not valid. Instead, ReadPageInternal() is responsible for validating
> the page header in that case.

You mean that, while not in standby mode, we need to retry reading
the entire record if the page head is invalid? I was thinking that
we basically give up replaying further records in that case becase
we're not in standby mode.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao