Re: PK issue: serial sequence needs updating

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: PK issue: serial sequence needs updating
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/17/20 3:46 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Running postgresql-12.2-x86_64-1_SBo on Slackware-14.2/x86_64.
>
> My restructed business database has populated tables, but the primary keys
> are not aware of the current maximum number since the table rows were added
> external to postgres and read in using psql.
>
> For example, I'm trying to add a new person to the people table which
> currently has 484 rows. The insert into statement provides all columns but
> the first, the PK (person_nbr) which is an int with an associated
> people_person_nbr_seq. Passing the insert statement to psql is rejected
> because there's already a person_nbr=1.
>
> How do I inform the sequence that nextval should be 485? Or, do I drop that
> sequence and restore it so it reads all existing table rows and their PKs?
>
> If I didn't clearly explain myself, ask and I'll try again. :-)

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/sql-altersequence.html

ALTER SEQUENCE people_person_nbr_seq RESTART 485;

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: PK issue: serial sequence needs updating
От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: PK issue: serial sequence needs updating [RESOLVED]