Re: FTS with more than one language in body and with unknown query language?

От Artur Zakirov
Тема Re: FTS with more than one language in body and with unknown query language?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 15.07.2016 21:34, Stefan Keller wrote:
> I actually expect that stemming takes place for english and german.
> And we will in fact have queries in english and in german as well.
> So I think we still have some issues to resolve...?

I performed the following things:
- patch for PostgreSQL:
   https://github.com/select-artur/postgres/tree/join_tsconfig
   It adds new option for FTS dictionary mapping (JOIN). I want to
propose this patch to -hackers.
- dict_translate dictionary based on dict_xsyn contrib:
   https://github.com/select-artur/dict_translate

This things are made for multilingual purpose and are interesting for
us. Maybe they will be helpful for you too.

Example:

1 - Create files:

$SHAREDIR/tsearch_data/geo_en.trn:

forest wald forst holz

$SHAREDIR/tsearch_data/geo_de.trn:

wald forest wood
forst forest wood
holz forest wood

2 - Execute queries:

=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY geo_en (
     Template = translate,
     DictFile = geo_en,
     InputDict = pg_catalog.english_stem);
=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH DICTIONARY geo_de (
     Template = translate,
     DictFile = geo_de,
     InputDict = pg_catalog.german_stem);
=# CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION geo(COPY='simple');
=# ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION geo_ths
     ALTER MAPPING FOR asciiword, asciihword, hword_asciipart,
         word, hword, hword_part
     WITH geo_en (JOIN), english_stem (JOIN), geo_de (JOIN), german_stem
(JOIN);

=# CREATE TABLE geo (id int, body_en text, body_de text);
=# INSERT INTO geo VALUES (1, 'forest', NULL), (2, NULL, 'wald');

3 - Sample queries:

=# SELECT * FROM geo WHERE to_tsvector('geo', body_en) @@
to_tsquery('geo', 'forests');
  id | body_en | body_de