Re: What's wrong with postgresql.org domain?

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: What's wrong with postgresql.org domain?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Eduardo Morras wrote:

> In 87.238.57.232 (Sweeden) 98.129.198.126(San Antonio,TX) and
> 217.196.149.50(Saltzburg) i get  lighttpd default page.
>
> Perhaps a miss configuration on my ISPs dns.

These IP addresses look fine, but it's not unexpected that using them
directly in the browser's address bar doesn't get the postgresql.org
homepage.
Because depending on its configuration, the remote server may need the proper
HTTP Host field.

You could try this command line instead:
wget --header='Host: www.postgresql.org' 87.238.57.232

If it still fetches a domain parking page, there may be a proxy in-between
that is malfunctioning or playing dirty.

Best regards,
--
Daniel
PostgreSQL-powered mail user agent and storage: http://www.manitou-mail.org