Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 compatibility

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-05-30 14:34, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> On 5/28/20 6:16 PM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>>>
>>> OpenSSL also deprecates DES keys in 3.0.0, which cause our password
>>> callback
>>> tests to fail with the cryptic error "fetch failed", as the test
>>> suite keys are
>>> encrypted with DES.  0002 fixes this by changing to AES256 (randomly
>>> chosen
>>> among the ciphers supported in 1.0.1+ and likely to be around), and
>>> could be
>>> applied already today as there is nothing 3.0.0 specific about it.
>>>

>> +1 for applying this forthwith. The key in my recent commit 896fcdb230
>> is encrypted with AES256.
>
> I don't see anything in that commit about how to regenerate those
> files, such as a makefile rule.  Is that missing?

You missed these comments in the test file:

# self-signed cert was generated like this:
# system('openssl req -new -x509 -days 10000 -nodes -out server.crt
-keyout server.ckey -subj "/CN=localhost"');
# add the cleartext passphrase to the key, remove the unprotected key
# system("openssl rsa -aes256 -in server.ckey -out server.key -passout
pass:$clearpass");
# unlink "server.ckey";

If you want I can add a rule for it to the Makefile, although who knows
what commands will actually apply when the certificate runs out?

cheers

andrew