Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file

От David Steele
Тема Re: Postgres restart in the middle of exclusive backup and the presence of backup_label file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/6/22 20:20, Euler Taveira wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2022, at 9:48 PM, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
>> After a quick glance, I didn't see an easy way to hold a session open
>> while the test does other things.  If there isn't one, modifying
>> backup_fs_hot() to work with non-exclusive mode might be more trouble
>> than it is worth.
 >
> You can use IPC::Run to start psql in background. See examples in
> src/test/recovery.

I don't think updating backup_fs_hot() is worth it here.

backup_fs_cold() works just fine for this case and if there is a need
for backup_fs_hot() in the future it can be implemented as needed.

Regards,
-David