Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Дата
Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall  (Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 09/03/2016 04:01 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Sep 2016, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> Once you verify that the new instance is running and you can connect
>> to it then:
>
>   Shut down 9.3.4 using pg_ctl stop as user postgres. Started 9.5.4 as user
> postgres using 'pg_ctl start /var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data &'.
>
>> psql -U some_user -d postgres -p 5442 -f your_dumpall.sql
>
>   In /tmp there's only
> .s.PGSQL.5432= .s.PGSQL.5432.lock
> and since only 9.5.4 is now running that port should be available.

Did you change the port number in the 9.5 postgresql.conf and restart
the server?

Or if you are fine running the 9.5 instance at port 5432, what happens
if you do?:

psql -d postgres -U some_user -p 5432

>   The above command failed when run as both me (as user owning/granted all
> privileges on all databases) and as superuser postgres.

What was the error message?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading using pg_dumpall